Tuesday, 16 December 2014

S.earch Book 1

*** Update *** We have a winner !

Purely by chance a good friend of SFiles22, and a big S. Doug Dorst and JJ Abrams fan, happened to be in New York when the first clues were posted, collectively we managed to steer him in the right direction and after overcoming a little issue that the venue with the book in was closed Paul found the book !

Paul tweeted a couple of pictures of the location and the book and was able to walk away with his prize, he has said that he will donate the prize to the next Cancer Gets LOST auction, so look out for it then.

I have updated the clue descriptions below to give more information on their meanings

Already we have our first clue for a book in New York City.

Anyone think they know where it is get in touch in the comments or via Twitter

This clue is a map of a part of Brooklyn.

Second clue

This pointed us to a possible location on or near water, and obviously a bar of some description.

Third clue.

This is a picture of Frederick Exley he is an American author, who happened to have a bar named after him in Brooklyn that is located on the first clue map (Google Map) the location is near the Williamsburg Bridge and East river

Maybe a reflection of the location that S. first washes up on shore in Straka's last work.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a map of Brooklyn and and obvious target to start on is the Public Library on Devoe St. as it is on the map

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh…fun! I really wish Chicago had been one of the S.earch cities. Oh well. But I think I'll play along tomorrow, and try to help solve clues.

    In retrospect, I think the "water(town)' clue was meant to point to Watertown, NY - where Frederick Exley was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testimony of Restoration with the help of Martinez Lexie(Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com OR +18168926958)..

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I'm a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Renee Joan Rothell, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about Mr Martinez Lexie of ( Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com ); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy.. After that my loan application worth 78,000.00 USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company website: http://lexieloans.bravesites.com OR text: +18168926958

    ReplyDelete

Posting Tips:
• <b>bold</b> = bold
• <i>italic</i> = italic
• <a href="http://abc.com">link</a> = link
• Delete your own posts by clicking the trash icon